Thursday, August 30, 2007

What I'm Looking Forward to the Most

So this week, I've thought of two things that I am looking forward to the most after being pregnant. And I just thought of a third. The first two are kind of silly. The first thing (and I have been thinking about this for about the past five months) is that I am so excited to sleep on my stomach again! I haven't been able to do that for so long and it's my favorite thing to do. The other thing I thought about on Sunday when we were making cookies. I have been careful not to eat anything with raw eggs in it. And I do enjoy a bit of cookie dough. So after I have this baby, cookie dough for me!

The third thing that I am looking forward to the most when I'm not pregnant is running. I couldn't keep up running and coaching tennis at the same time in the spring. So running fell by the wayside (just one of the reasons I regretted volunteering to coach tennis at my middle school). And if I wasn't pregnant, I would have pushed myself back into when tennis was over. But I didn't think that was the wisest option when I was four and a half months pregnant. Several of my friends and family here in Roanoke are training for races, or at least running. And I'm just walking on the treadmill. Every once in a while I get the urge to up the speed and just push myself for a few minutes. But then I think better of it and dream of the days when I will be able to run again. Anyone want to join me for a 10K in the spring?

No comments: