When I was growing up, my dad had a sizeable garden in our backyard. I remember several summer nights when he would walk out back and pick corn for us to have for dinner that evening. We would slather the corn up with butter and salt and go for it. We had corn on the cob often enough that I went through phases of how I ate it. There's the row by row technique, which gets you about five or six kernels at a time. And then there's the big bite technique where you certainly get more than five kernels. Corn on the cob is so summery.
We had corn on the cob with dinner on Sunday night. At first, Jonathan sliced off some corn for our nephew Rex. He ate quite a bit of it. Then he found his way onto Jonathan's lap and his corn on the cob. Jonathan had been doubtful that Rex (about 18 months old) could eat the corn off the cob. Rex showed him-he happily ate half of Jonathan's corn, at the same time Jonathan was eating. We hope that our little boy will be as cute and adorable as Rex!
Saying "cheese"

Getting ready for a bite

This is actually cob #2

When they got close to the middle, they couldn't share anymore, but Rex kept going strong.
1 comment:
Cute! What a cute little nephew you guys have! Yum, I love corn on the cob too. Definitely a summer essential.
Alex, I want to see some pictures of this belly! How are you doing, soon to be mama?
Post a Comment