Sunday, August 5, 2007

A weekend at home!

Hooray, I love weekends at home. Trips are always fun too but I have been craving some down time and we got some these last few days. Not only did we get some down time but we were able to do some projects around the house. Projects that we have been talking about for a couple of months now. The storage area got a revamp. We chucked a bunch of boxes and organized all of our stuff for easier access. I am still trying to get some shelves up on the wall because I broke the stud finder mid job. Also we re-arranged the bed room and Alex cleared out the nursery room after some organizing in there. Then Alex went through and shampooed the carpets. We are now ready to set up the crib and some of the other decorations. Pretty exciting.

Another exciting development in our lives this weekend was the aquisition of a digital camcorder. We of course can justify this purchase now with the anticipated arrival of a little subject who's life must be properly documented for those long distance Grandparents. We, after much online searching and consumer reports reading, decided to go with a Sony mini DVD camcorder. It seemed really like most options were just fine and Sam's club had a great deal on the particular one we purchased. I shot a couple clips of Alex last night much to her chagrin; she was trying to enjoy a book. I will have to remember not to be anoying with this fun new toy.

One more particularly enjoying aspect of this week was that I got to play tennis with Gabe Anderson. We were pretty equally matched so it was quite fun. I am hoping that he will want to play more in the future. It feels like it has been quite a while since I have been involved in sports and they really are so much fun. Plus, I need to make sure that I am staying on top of my game for when "little Bear" comes of age.

-Jonathan

No comments: