So after being on the hold list at the library for months, I finally got this book into my hands. I highly recommend it. In case you haven't heard about it, it's the true story of a family who lived on a farm in Virginia and ate everything (almost) locally for a year, mostly meat and produce. While it didn't inspire me to raise turkeys and slaughter them (which they did), it did inspire me to to buy more local products. Here in Roanoke we have one of the oldest farmers markets around. I will make a bigger effort to go there in the summer and stock up there instead of at the grocery store. We definitely can't do (or afford) everything that she describes in this book but I will make more conscious food decisions.Sunday, January 20, 2008
A Good Book
So after being on the hold list at the library for months, I finally got this book into my hands. I highly recommend it. In case you haven't heard about it, it's the true story of a family who lived on a farm in Virginia and ate everything (almost) locally for a year, mostly meat and produce. While it didn't inspire me to raise turkeys and slaughter them (which they did), it did inspire me to to buy more local products. Here in Roanoke we have one of the oldest farmers markets around. I will make a bigger effort to go there in the summer and stock up there instead of at the grocery store. We definitely can't do (or afford) everything that she describes in this book but I will make more conscious food decisions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment