Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fish Face

Jackson is just getting over RSV (respiratory syncytial virus). We went to the doctor twice last week and once of the things that we got (besides peace of mind) was a nebulizer. We got a prescription of albuterol which is an inhalant that helped him to breathe easier. He really did an amazing job of letting us hold the mask on his face for up to ten minutes. Luckily, the strain of the virus that is going around this winter is a weaker one than some. Unfortunately, having it once doesn't build up an immunity so he could get it again next winter. But at least his air pipes will be bigger and it might not be so bad.

Jackson with his fish face mask. Even though it is "pediatric," it was still huge on him. It went underneath his chin.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh what a brave little guy! Eli hasn't done the whole RSV thing yet...but I'm sure it's inevitable. I hope he starts feeling better SOON.

Kim said...

Poor baby! I hope he's feeling better soon!

Queen Bee said...

How do I type a frowny/sad lip. That's what happened when I saw hte picture! I'm glad to hear he's starting to feel better!