My children are STILL asleep (Jackson is going on 3 1/2 hours) so I will do one more post while I can. And you had better believe that I am not going to wake him up. He has been the biggest pill lately.
Jonathan and his friends recently had their debut performance at the Floyd Country Store, which is quite the cultural experience around here. There is a jamboree every Friday night and people come from all over to hear different bluegrass bands. There's dancing (clogging-and I don't mean the Irish kind) and all sorts of characters. My favorites are the old farmer guys who wear their overalls and straw hats and the young country teenagers-good looking kids with sweet belt buckles who know how to dance. There was a cute young teenage boy this time who was clogging (and really knew what he was doing) in his skater shoes with his mom.
So the boys performed three songs during intermission of the bigger groups. A featured band to everyone who saw them. A lot of friends from church came up to see them. Two funny things to remember. When we got up front, I was paying for my own admission and the lady taking the money was so concerned about Jonathan not paying. When he said "I'm playing tonight," the guy giving the stickers that show you paid slapped one on him. But the frumpy lady said, "What band is he with?" And I replied "The Git-Down Boys" (a line from one of their songs). She said "Hmmph, I've never heard of them." When I related this to Peter (Jonathan's wonderfully kind and supportive brother), he said "She won't say that again after tonight!"
And when they were announced onto the stage, they were announced as the "Get Er Down Boys." It doesn't seem like such a hard name to me but the man sure struggled. Maybe he was getting it confused with this saying around here, "Git Er Done." Which, by the way, is that a southern saying or what? I don't remember hearing it until we moved here and now I hear it all the time.
I can't get the pictures in the order I want and I'm done messing with it because I hear a little boy waking up in the next room. But here are a few from the evening. And I just can't get the captions to work. Whatever. If it wasn't being lame, the first one would say "The Crooner". The second photo would say "Number one fans" and the third one would say "The Band."



3 comments:
That looks like so much fun! Wish we could be there to jam!
I want to hear a sound byte of the show! I'm sure it was incredible. Wish we could've been there!
1) How fun!
2) When you guys come visit, I want Jon to record a few tracks for me.
3) I could be wrong, but I think "Get 'er done" is Larry the Cable Guy's tag line (Larry does Mater's voice in cars and says it during the last race).
4) I know! Arranging picutres on this thing can be a big pain! I use the html view to do it and find that's the easiest--try that next time you have some time to play with it. Each picture is represented by an where "..." is a bunch of attributes. While I'm in there messing around, I like to add "target="_blank" so that clicking on the picture opens a new window instead of recycling the current window. Hope that helps!
Post a Comment