Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sick, Sick, Sick

WARNING: This post contains the word vomit. Stop reading now if it will gross you out. I don't have anything else to post about and it has been awhile.



We have had a sick week here at our house. Jackson threw up Sunday (in his crib) and Monday (at the grocery store). Jonathan and I spent a most romantic Monday night doing the same thing simultaneously. We would both sleep for a couple of hours, wake up, vomit, brush our teeth and go back to bed. Jonathan even cancelled all of his patients for Tuesday and stayed home to recuperate. Well, the office cancelled his patients. Point is, he stayed home. In the five and a half years that I have known him he has only had two real sick days and one sympathy sick day for me. So it was pretty bad.

Today has been a crazy day. Jackson has wanted to be held almost all day long. I held him from 6:15 to 11:30, with a half hour break for a nap. He took his second nap on my lap. He is taking his third nap right now. And if the morning naps are any indication of what this one will be, my half hour is almost up. I had a doctor's appointment this morning and was going to watch a friend's baby/toddler (same age as Jackson, not quite sure what to call them anymore). Had to cancel both. I'm hoping that he feels better tomorrow because we have a hot date tomorrow. Jackson's favorite babysitter is coming over and we are going to dinner and the theatre. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Laurie said...

You poor guys! I pity you sincerely. Good luck getting better in time for the hot date!