Thursday, November 13, 2008

How Things Work In Our House

Jackson does not like to get dressed or have his diaper changed. If he sees me approaching with clothes in my hands, he crawls in the opposite direction as fast as he can. Which is pretty fast, especially for a crawl, but no match for the clothes monster. So many days he gets dressed in phases. Like the day I took this picture. I got the onesie on, but not fastened. Then we took a break. Then I got one arm through his shirt. And then we took another break.

I have taken to finding electronic gadgets to entertain Jackson while I change his diaper. The digital thermometer for example. And when that got old, the kitchen timer. Now we're using Jon's old cell phone (which he has had as a toy for quite a while). I hope that I can think of something else before the cell phone gets old. Or maybe we'll just rotate and go back to the thermometer.

5 comments:

Katie said...

this picture is great! any self-respecting little boy will hate getting dressed. or having his hair combed. he doesn't want to be known as a girly-man. he's just protecting his reputation.

Queen Bee said...

starting the terrible twos early are we? :)

Sara Jean said...

Hilarious! I love the picture. It was sure fun to see you guys. Little Jackson is such a sweetheart. We have the same issue and I have a little stash of "distractables" next to the changing table- wobble clock, wind-up music box, etc.

daiseedeb said...

That smile! What a personality this boy has on him!
Lovin' the little munchkin's shenanigans!
He is adorable, bytheway... ; )
auntie deb

Emily said...

Just a thought, you might want to have him checked for sensory issues. My niece has it. From a very early age, she HATED getting dressed and things hurt. It is still an issue. Little Emily has some issues too. She hates socks, getting dressed is a huge hassle! She wears skirts mostly because pants itch. She does have some sensory issues. I had her tested before. But not to the extreme I have seen in my niece and other children. It is something that is becoming more common.