We took Jackson on his first camping trip a few weeks ago. We went camping at a lake about an hour north for our anniversarymoon. We let Jackson tag along since he is stilll nursing. He did surprisingly well. We all snuggled into a backpacking tent made for two and slept as well as can be expected. We went for a hike around the lake in the morning and had lunch with some friends who also happened to be there. We are going back for the Fourth of July and I am quite looking forward to it. Here are a few pics from our quick trip.

Jackson slept at our heads in the tent. As soon as we laid him down, his hands reached out into the open air, hoping that they would grasp something. Sure enough, the pocket on the tent was found almost instantaneously. 

The beginning, the middle and the end of the hike. I think it's fun to compare the energy level of both boys as the hike progressed. Sayonara Snugli. Jackson is too big for you!
3 comments:
We just had to retire our Snugli too. It just won't hold a 20lb, 29 inch long 8 month old! Looks like you guys had fun.
Sleeping babies are so cute. What a fun weekend. I love to camp. I haven't been brave enough to try it with two kids, though. I should soon. :)
Alex, long time no see. I hope all is well with you. Jackson is adorable!
Post a Comment