Gadzooks! These weekends just fly what with naps and eating and such. Doesn't that sound nice though. Actually, it has been a great weekend. It was definately full of things that I will remember for many years to come.
The big-o thing for us that we are continuing to search for "the house". The house where Jackson will learn to walk, learn to play the harmonica and slam dunk for the first time. That dunk may be on a little plastic hoop becuase "the plan" is that this is our 5-10 year first home. Then we can build the home of our dreams. Our friend Brent is a fantastic realtor and has been so good to take us all over the place and take us back to houses we like and are still pondering. He will take us out again tomarrow night for a few more but we are starting to fill like the houses are creeping up our throat and we may not be able to hold down many more. The one that seems to be the front runner is a cute little cape cod style home in a very lovely neighborhood. It is kind of a throwback neighborhood where people actually plan activities with their neighbors and the kids run wild in the streets. It has four bedrooms and two full baths and all the standard trimmings. The kitchen however is on the small side. Of course we could knock down walls and make it the biggest room in the house but who knows, we might find a better one tomarrow night.
Other notables for the weekend were a bbq with the other roanoke lubecks and many from Chrissy's wonderful family up on Mill Mountain. We ate some chicken and watched Rex and Georgia duke it out over the umbrella stroller. They are so funny together. I am sure when they are older they will be the best of friends but when you are two years old there is allot of competition for whatever it is that one is interested in. It could be a train, a barbie doll or a piece of macaroni and cheese... one has to have sole proprietorship. It was fun to see Susan Isom and Amy Isom, Chrissy's mom and sister. I hadn't seen them for quite awhile. Also, Katie, another of Chrissy's sisters was there who we see more regularly. It is always great to see her and her kids Georgia and Elijah. And Josh her hubby too when he can make it up.
The other thing that I thoroughly enjoyed was an early saturday morning woodworking session with our good Bishop Ellsworth. He has been so very kind to open his home, his well appointed shop and to share his wealth of woodworking know how. I have started working on a cherry bookcase to replace the toddler killer that we have currently in our living area. The ikea shelf has done us well but it is pretty tipsy and as soon as Jacks can pull him self up on it he will pull it down on himself. I absolutely love working with wood. I could do this every Saturday morning if only I could afford to buy the wood to keep me buisy. Anyways, I will take advantage of our good Bishop's generosity as long as I feel that I am not imposing. He really is a neat guy. Extrememly talented and multidimensional. We have fun talking about music, lemon trees, making cheese etc.
As always, the sun in my sky is Alex. I am so grateful for her support, her wisdom and her example and for the fact that she is going to make me a raspberry- lemon birthday cake this wednesday.
Sunday, June 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment