Sunday, March 16, 2008
The Need for Speed
I ran my first race in a year and a half yesterday. It was only a 5K, so much for the half-marathon idea. That's okay, I'm planning for my second assault on Baltimore this fall. (Note the reference to mountain climbing terminology-one of my favorite genres of books). I still want to run longer races as well but now I want to run fast. So I am going to run another 5K in about a month and will commence a speed-training plan tomorrow. I guess that means that I will have to give up my sole devotion to the treadmill and Drew Carey at the YMCA. It's hard to beat taking Jackson to the childwatch, turning on my ipod and watching The Price is Right while monitoring my process on the treadmill screen that simulates me running on a 5K trail in the mountains. If I want to get good at running outside, I should probably do it more often. But I want to go FAST. So it'll be worth it. YES! I love running. More brownies for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
"I love running. More brownies for me."
hahahaha. I LOVE your idea of motivation. :)
Post a Comment