Last fall, I signed up for a subscription to Time magazine for a school fundraiser (I also bought at least 8 dozen frozen cookie dough balls). Jonathan has developed a fondness for "The Awesome Column" written by Joel Stein which seems to appear in every other issue towards the back. A recent column was my favorite one so far, and here is my favorite quote.
"They (the airlines) won't let you keep your purse on your lap during takeoff and landing, since it might turn into a deadly projectile, but an infant is apparently soft enough to ricochet harmlessly off passenger after passenger."
Here's the column. It's not long. Just one page in a regular magazine. Read it if you've ever travelled with toddlers on an airplane. You'll laugh.
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2081912,00.html
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm a fan of the awesome column too. I filled out a survey for TIME last year and that's about all I told them.
Post a Comment