Monday, April 4, 2011

Spring is Here!

Which means that so are little lambs. A month or so ago, Jackson went (as a guest) on a preschool field trip to a lamb farm. He was so excited to go and had a great time. He came home telling me about it at the top of his lungs (which he often does, but especially when he's excited). He got to feed a bottle to a four-day old lamb.
Jonathan has a patient who has a farm (really just animals on some of their land for fun and tax purposes) and they invited us to come see their new lambs a couple of weekends ago. Even though he is practically a pro at lamb handling, he would only do it this time with Jonathan.


Don't let the look on his face fool you. He loved it. It took us a long time to get to this point. Lucy would only gingerly pet the lamb if I was holding her (tightly).

Featuring the scottish highland cows.


I didn't get any pictures inside the chicken coop. Jackson got to gather a few eggs, which he threw into the basket and cracked. Our hosts were so gracious with their time (we were there for more than two hours!) and their eggs (we were sent home with a dozen).

5 comments:

Laurie said...

You have such a beautiful family. I want to give Lucy a great big hug! What a fun thing to do as a family. I need to find some lambs here.

Katie said...

How fun! Lambs and chickens sounds like a blast!

Alice-Anne said...

how fun. That's a great picture of Jackson with his dad!

Karen Lubek said...

How FUN! I want to come! The lambs are almost as cute as the kids.

Unknown said...

How far is the farm from Roanoke? The land looks gorgeous, as do you all.