
Friday, July 9, 2010
Late Birthday
We have had a rash of birthday celebrations lately. Jackson will now sing "Happy Birthday" (but nothing else, even though he knows the words to many songs). The last birthday (that we have pictures of) was Jonathan' s almost a month ago. I was babysitting my two nieces and nephews while their mom was out of town. One of the things we did to stay busy was draw pictures on pieces of butcher paper. After drawing one picture, they asked if they could draw another. My first response was "no." Then I thought about it. Why did I say no? What did it really matter? We had tons of paper and lots of time to kill. Maybe I was enjoying the feeling of power and control over a 7 year old. Anyways, this is one of my favorite drawings that was produced. It's a picture of my niece thinking about Jonathan because she loves him so much.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Love the pictures! And I know what you mean. Sometimes I say no to something as a habit and then I wonder why I did. My theory is that kids so often ask for more candy or another movie or to stay up late or to buy that enormous stuffed animal for $500 that it is just safest for a mom to say no first and think later. You can always change your mind, right?
awesome and fun!
Post a Comment