Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 2

After having been up for five hours, we headed out of the house at 8am. We found this park on our way downtown. Everyone else there was still rubbing their eye-crusties out. It took a bit of convincing to get Jackson to go up the ladder and then down this metal slide.
No convincing needed.

We had thought of going to the Chinese Gardens in downtown Portland (thanks to an advertisement at the airport) but ended up at the Children's Museum. It was the right decision. The kids were in heaven. I have thought about this museum often. How I would love to live near it. Jackson started off playing in the water area while I took Lucy to the baby area (quiet, calm music, no other kids) sans camera.


They had a fun grocery store area. Jackson filled up his shopping cart and then saw some other kids playing with an item that he just had to have. You guessed it. Corn. Luckily for everyone in the museum, the other kids were good sharers.

Lucy enjoyed the food area. I tried to keep the food out of her mouth as much as possible. But she's one.

No comments: