Monday, May 19, 2008

Big Boy!

Jackson has been hitting some major milestones lately that I thought I would share with everyone. This is the last picture of Jackson in the Bumbo. Even though he can't quite sit up on his own yet we have pretty much retired it. He flipped himself out of it two days in a row. We heard a little squeal and turned around to find him face down on the table. I also included this picture because he is playing with one of his favorite toys-a spatula. Thanks to my mom for giving it to him first. He loves it. He will play with it a lot longer than any baby toys and carries it around church all morning long. Here he is in his highchair. Pretty exciting stuff. I'm just glad that it can support him well enough and that he is strapped in so he can't flip out (which he has already tried).
He also had his first biter biscuit and sippy cup experience. He seemed excited by both. As long as the cup is full, he can get a good amount of water from the cup. Sometimes it ends up in his stomach and sometimes it ends up all over the front of him. 7 months to the day and he is finally getting how to sit up. He's not totally on his own yet but getting so much closer. Still no teeth.
The Roanoke clan is growing. Here is a picture of our newest niece (there will be two more by September). It's amazing how quickly I've forgotten what it is like to hold a newborn. I think that one of the most sublime pleasures in life is to sit down and cuddle a little scrunched up newborn on your chest.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Way to go Jackson. This is a big step! Babies do things when they are ready. Eli just got his first teeth and he's over one. It actually worked out real nice for me seeing as I was nursing. ;)