Sunday, December 13, 2009

Gratitude

Today I just feel particularly grateful. It just might have something to do with the wonderful talk in church today by Amanda Shabana on said subject. It has been almost comical. This feeling of thankfulness and optimism has colored even the mundane and the less than desirable. As Jackson went on a hitting spree today the thought that crossed my mind was how thankful I am that he is such a healthy and an energetic child. As I went back to church again for the third time for choir practice I felt so grateful for the ability and the opportunity to make music with people that I enjoy being around. As Lucy whined for most of the afternoon and evening I was just smitten with how beautiful she is. I know this is all starting to sound either really weird or self serving but today has just been a particular joy. Heavenly Father has given me so much and the great majority of the time I am very guilty of ingratitude and an insatiable appetite for more. Hopefully that talk will stick with me tomorrow as I put my nose back to the grind stone. I could use a little more joy in my life. (I hope that didn't sound too ungrateful :) )


P.S. David... In Jacksonese, mer thomas means more thomas. We hear that phrase allot. Hmmm... what is it with MORE?

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing that, Jon. :) I liked hearing about your good attitude. I'm going to try to have that attitude myself.