Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lonely as can be!

Woe is me. Boy am I lonely. Gosh, I am so lonely I think I will write on our blog. I know, I know. Many of you don't think I know how to write because I almost never do. It's just that Alex and Jackson are so much fun that when they are home I can't quite make it to the computer.

Honestly though. I am really missing my girl and my little boy. This whole trip to Oregon is a good exercise every once in a while I guess. You know what they say about abscence making the heart grow fonder. It's kind of funny because every week I am know there are times where I wish I could just find a few minutes for myself. Now that I have many minutes to myself I am ready to jump out of the window. I miss just being near them. There is just something about having someone you love near you. In the same room. Conversation is not always requisite allthough I certainly miss talking with Alex. Phone conversations have never been one of my fortes. I miss hearing Jackson coo, laugh and even whine. I miss picking him up and holding him and tossing him in the air. I miss looking into both Alex's and Jackson's eyes and knowing that we all love each other. Okay, thanks for indulging me.

So the last few days have been eventful even if Alex and Jacks have been MIA around here. I shucked off to scout camp and was presently surprised that the boys weren't into throwing knives and destroying the campsite like last year. The boys all really had buckeled down and were getting lots of merit badges done. I was really impressed with everything they were doing. We do have some really good boys in our scout group. One year has made a big difference in the lives of some of these kids. It is such a great experience for me to be involved with them and to watch them grow and develop. I am a better person for spending time with them. So... the weather at camp was gorgeous. Warm days with cool nights. We were at Camp Powhatan which is down near Claytor Lake here in the Blue Ridge Mountains. It really is a very nice camp. The facilities are well maintained as well as the grounds. My favorite part was going for a hike through the woods on Friday night. We had some time to kill before the closing campfire. Sometimes I get in the outdoors and it just all of a sudden becomes magical. The cool breeze mixed with some white blooming tress which mixed with the bubbling stream which mixed with the setting sun and all of a sudden there was no other place I would have rather been. Another thing I loved was the opportunity that I had both nights to just gaze up at the stars and to appreciate the vastness of the heavens. I am so very greatful for this amazingly beautiful world that our savior Jesus Christ has created for us. I am going to make it a goal to look up at the stars much more often.

2 comments:

Alex said...

We miss you too! Especially at 4am!

Preethi said...

This is so sweet. Congratulations on the new home!