Monday, April 14, 2008

5K Race

I did it, I did it, I did it, hooray! (To be sung to the tune of the song at the end of every Dora the Explorer episode, which I know thanks to my niece). I ran a 5K on Saturday and beat my previous time by almost two minutes. I came in at 24:41. I finished 21st out of the whole pack and my friend came in 26th. It was a small little women's race with about 500 entrants and circled through some cute neighborhoods. Maybe the next 5K I run, I will try and beat 24 minutes, although that will take some more conscious training. In the fall, perhaps. I am only going to do one more race this spring, a 10K in about four weeks.

Of course, we had our camera at the race but left it in the car. My friend's husband got some great shots which I will post if I get them in the near future.

5 comments:

Dave said...

Congratulations my friend!

Queen Bee said...

Hooray! That's awesome, I'm really happy for you. I'm excited to hear about the 10K

Sara Jean said...

Awesome Alex! That is so exciting for you! I can't believe you didn't mention this on the phone today. You totally rock.

Kim said...

That is great! I'm impressed.

Amy said...

Way to go Alex! Top 25 too.