So we have been swaddling Jackson since he was born. We love the SwaddleMe swaddlers you can buy with Velcro attached. Jackson loves it too, can't you tell? We swaddle him in this white one (the large size) unless he is sleeping in his swing or his car seat. It will be a sad day when he outgrows this. Because then he'll have to learn how to fall asleep without being swaddled. His hands are always up at his face. He doesn't suck his fingers, thumb or knuckles. He plays with them and snacks on them. That's fine with me, as long as they stay away from his eyes. Back in December, I babysat for a lady at church for a few hours. When sucking her thumb, her youngest daughter would stick her index finger underneath her eyelid. There will be none of that in this house! Speaking of hands being at faces, I just put Jackson down for nap and had to reswaddle him twice. His left arm kept sneaking up out, even though I thought I had pulled it as tight as I could. I tried a blanket the other week (a big one that my friend Sara made) and before I could even sit down at the computer five steps away, he had busted out. My point is, I am grateful for the people who made these and our little boy is pretty funny about pulling his arms out.Sunday, February 10, 2008
Houdini
So we have been swaddling Jackson since he was born. We love the SwaddleMe swaddlers you can buy with Velcro attached. Jackson loves it too, can't you tell? We swaddle him in this white one (the large size) unless he is sleeping in his swing or his car seat. It will be a sad day when he outgrows this. Because then he'll have to learn how to fall asleep without being swaddled. His hands are always up at his face. He doesn't suck his fingers, thumb or knuckles. He plays with them and snacks on them. That's fine with me, as long as they stay away from his eyes. Back in December, I babysat for a lady at church for a few hours. When sucking her thumb, her youngest daughter would stick her index finger underneath her eyelid. There will be none of that in this house! Speaking of hands being at faces, I just put Jackson down for nap and had to reswaddle him twice. His left arm kept sneaking up out, even though I thought I had pulled it as tight as I could. I tried a blanket the other week (a big one that my friend Sara made) and before I could even sit down at the computer five steps away, he had busted out. My point is, I am grateful for the people who made these and our little boy is pretty funny about pulling his arms out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
ha! That is funny. I completely forgot Nolan used to do that too. His arms would always sneak out and I would say, " How did you do that!?" They're pretty wiggly sometimes, it's funny!
We resorted to the XS straight jacket for Jake.
Post a Comment